1. Halloween – As a kid, I would have been freaking out all day, waiting for school to get out so I could race home, suit up, and spend my evening trick-or-treating. In college, Halloween isn’t that exciting. Luckily, mine turned out to be a lot of fun. At cheer practice, each stunt group was asked to come up with a theme and dress accordingly. We were Minions. It was as adorable as it could be for a last minute project! After practice, I arrived at my dorm to find several residents dressed as characters from The Wizard of Oz, and the whole lobby decorated to look like the haunted forest. CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. Finally, I went to a Pinterest Worthy Halloween Party compliments of one of my good friend’s roommate. All in all, my first college Halloween was pretty great.
2. Gailey’s Breakfast Cafe – If you’ve never been, GO! Bradley and I have brunch there almost every Sunday. I usually order The French Quarter, but recently, I’ve been ordering the pumpkin waffle, which proves to be a perfect seasonal treat. Usually during weekends, there is a bit of a wait, but I promise you it’s worth it!
3. “The Place Beyond The Pines” – After watching this movie, I did not hesitate to confess that it really affected me emotionally. The movie overall is fantastic. First, it stars Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper, (and if you’re a girl, that is reason enough to watch it). Second, it combines the perfect amount of action and drama to create a very interesting plot, and keeps you engaged the whole time. Finally, it makes you… feel. REALLY. It’s the kind of movie that makes you kind of sit back in awe after its over… and maybe while you’re driving home, you start crying because the feelings hit you all at once… or maybe that’s just me… anyway, I would totally recommend it! Great score, great acting, great directors – Two Thumbs Up! Plus, the finally scene ends with “The Wolves” by Bon Iver, and because of that, I’m hooked on that song. Check it out!
4. Beanies – I know, I’m behind on the trend, but I’m slowly getting used to and taking advantage of the fact that in college, you can wear hats in class. Bradley left his red Carhartt beanie here the other day, and it has been my go to accessory on a few occasions already. Not only does it keep your head warm, but it also helps conceal those bad hair days. I can already tell that I need to invest in a few of my own. Here is a link to the ones I’m checking out!
5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – SO EXCITED FOR THIS I DON’T CARE WHAT YOU SAY. Plus, have you checked out the soundtrack list? Everything from Coldplay to Santigold to the Lumineers to Patti Smith. Anxiously awaiting November 22.