As part of the new blog, I’m going to start a weekly article that features some of the things that have made my life worth it this week! This could be anything, from music to experiences to food; the options are endless! Here is a look at what made the list this week!
1. “Let Me Go” by HAIM: I have listened to this song on repeat for about a week now, and I absolutely love it! These girls are extremely talented and super cool. Here’s a link so you can see for yourself!
2. Tomato Basil Wheat Thins: I know that’s kind of random, but being a poor college student, you take what you can get. Thanks Mr. Lawley for putting these in the snack bowl for DUME meetings. Without you, I would never have found the perfect snack.
3. Nathaniel Greene Park: If you’ve never been, GO. It is the most beautiful park in Springfield Missouri. There are miles of walking trails, beautiful gardens, and a huge pond (complete with DUCKS). Bradley (my boyfriend) and I spent the afternoon there on Saturday, and it was lovely.
4. “Carrie”: I saw this movie early this week, wow. Stephen King is a messed up guy. I had never seen the original, but I sort of knew the background. I was not expecting it to be as gory as it was! There were a few parts that I had to look away during. The movie as a whole, though, was very good. I would watch it again! Not to mention, the soundtrack is awesome, featuring artists such as Cults, HAIM, The Civil Wars, and Vampire Weekend. If creepy movies are your thing, I’d definitely recommend it!
5. Blue False Indigo: My band, Blue False Indigo, had our first show on Friday at Randy Bacon’s Studio! It was Halloween themed, so everyone was in costume, and in good spirits! We performed with The Mondays, Ellie Schmidley, and The Midwest Indies. It was super cool, considering I’ve been dreaming of being in a band since… birth. The audience was awesome, and really seemed to enjoy our set, and we were told that we could come back sometime, which is always nice to hear! It was really a surreal experience, and the highlight of my week for sure! Here’s a picture I snagged from my friend Kayleen’s Instagram!
Well, those are the top five things that made my week super great! Stay tuned for next week!